Tuesday, July 2, 2013

HOW I CONCURRED THE YELLOW

I had a problem with my gray turning yellow.  The next day after getting the big chop my Teeny Weeny Afro (TWA) had a yellow tint in the front.  For the next few days I trim off the yellow until I couldn't  cut any more.  Then I bought the blue shampoo. The shampoo was ok but not the best.  It was drying my curly gray afro hair out.  But it got the yellow out.  I just added moisture, like Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Olive Oil.  I looked around for a better shampoo and conditioner that would work on the yellow.  I found Clariol lights for Gray/Blonde hair.  I didn't have much to choose from, not saying they're not other brands out there but I couldn't find them.   Now,  with the blue shampoos I still had to wash my hair often.  I couldn't figure out why the yellow was winning.  Finally I was told by a blogger name GrayHairTwists, not to use any product with color in it and especially not Olive Oil because of the deep yellow greenish color.  Any product with color would settle in my hair and turn it yellow or give it a yellowish tint.
With that information I bought only products without color.  That was a big deal I had concurred the yellow...YES!..One thing that still was a issue was my shampoo and conditioner.
I needed to find a shampoo and conditioner that had no sulfates and para bans.  The few blue shampoos I could find had those ingredients.  Well, I got this idea..What if I add blue food coloring to my favorite shampoo and or conditioner????? Can you believe it worked for me and I've been using it in my favorite conditioner ever since..Only when I need to and there are no problems with the condition of my hair.  This video is when I first experimented with the Blue Food Coloring..

No comments:

Post a Comment