Friday, July 12, 2013

MY FAVORITE NATURAL HAIRSTYLE...

My favorite style for my hair is the Two Strand Twist. 
It's a great protective style and you get two style out of one.  After wearing the twist, you can wear a twistout.  Depending on how well your hair set, you can wear the twist out for a week or so. 
When you can do a style that keeps your hands out of your hair thats better, then combing, brushing and manipulating your hair cause that can cause stress and breakage.
I keep the hair moisturized while in the twists and twistout by applying my homemade oil on my hair at night and my homemade shea mixture day and night.  The most important thing about the oils and sheabutter: it helps when it time to take the twist down. 
For example it took me about 40 minutes to take these down and the twistout was nice.
 
I would like to share the recipe I used to install my twist.  I use this  shea butter mixture when I want the hair smooth. It helps to detangle too.  Then I don't need to use a comb or brush...just my fingers...and that means less hair lose.. 

8oz of refine shea butter
1/4cup Aloe Juice
fragrance(optional) 
Warm the Aloe Juice then mix into the Shea Butter (refined shea butter should  be soft so you shouldn't heat it)
I mix for about 5 minutes with an emulsifying mixer until its creamy...
THATS IT!!!...

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your info Wise Sista. For myself I started having gray hair when I was 24 years old because of stress & I feared of being too old because of what the media betrays young adults with gray hairs being worthless. But now I feel much better slowly having gray hair in my late 20's. ^-^ Peace Sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all of your advise and info. I had transitioned from relaxed and color and have worn wigs as a protective style. My hair is long and thick and natural and I feel free at last! I did not do a big chop. I kept my hair braided and conditioned under my wigs and gradually cut the permed ends off! I love your beautiful gray hair and you look so youthful. Love watching your videos. This is just what I needed. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete